Virtual reality a growing trend
The world seems to become smaller and smaller, as communication and information travel at breakneck speed. This interconnectedness has large implications for the way we conduct our businesses. There is a central driving force for many of the changes we see and that is technology. Technological advancements have changed the way we work and do business. With AI, robotics, 3D printing, resource-efficient sustainable production gaining predominance, businesses will have to factor in the ways they manage products and deliver services. One such technology which has uncharted potential and which will revolutionize the way businesses will run in the near future is virtual reality(VR). It is an artificial, computer-generated recreation of a real-life environment or situation. It engages you, by making you feel like you are experiencing the simulated reality firsthand, by stimulating your vision and hearing. It combines this simulated visualization with complex data in ways that will ultimately transform industries like never before.
Virtual Reality is holding the reins in the tech world presently. It is one of the most important inventions about to witness a wide-scale adoption by tech leaders in the coming years. Although the technology is still in its infancy, it witnessed a sudden surge last year with the release of a number of VR gears and headset from giants like Google, Samsung, HTC or Oculus. With VR headsets spreading its wings to reach offices, malls, medical units, classrooms and supermarkets, the technology is predicted to grow by leaps and bounds in the next few years. It is forecasted to become a USD 26.95 billion industry by 2022, spreading across different market segments.
VR is here to absolutely change the way business owners advertise and market their products and services. The focus is moving towards providing customers knowledge and service-based offerings thus empowering businesses. You just have to understand how the technology affects your business and how the advancements will benefit it. We all know that VR is taking giant strides in the gaming and entertainment industry and is moving towards making your tomorrow both exciting and profitable. Let us see, how VR can be used to shape the future of various industries.
- Healthcare: With VR, medical practitioners can have the opportunity to practice virtually on a real body or organ thus ensuring the success of a research or surgery.
- E-commerce storefront: VR has the potential to assist the consumer to try on their purchases leading to an engaging user experience.
- Tourism: VR sets will be able to provide an immersive experience for travellers, who can plan their budget and vacations by virtually visiting the places and its hot spots.
- Real-Estate: Consumers will be able to virtually experience what their homes will be like and make necessary changes based on their lifestyle.
- Web Design & Development: Imagine experiencing what a site has to offer rather than browsing it. This can change the way web development and web design companies work.
- Media & Advertising: VR can act as a viable and exciting platform for marketers and help in brand-building by connecting audiences all across the globe to new possibilities.
No matter what industry you hail from, the VR interface is a positive step to a better future and to stand out from your competitors. So, the real question here is – Is your brand ready to adopt the upcoming VR trends? If not, you may have to face redundancy like so many who have failed to evolve. Although it can be said that virtual reality is still in an innovative stage, the technology is already pointing the way towards how the future will play out.